Friday, October 17, 2008

RTE Digital Radio finally arrives on iPhone !

As some of you may or may not know, I am responsible for a number of new RTE digital radio channels. If you have an iPhone, I'm glad to tell you that you may now listen to all of the digital radio streams using an app called fStream.

Just remember that charges may apply if you are listening outside the range of your WiFi network !!

At the moment, we are just about finished a trial that has gone on for as long as I can remember, but the good news is that we will be announcing schedule details for all of these new channels real soon.

For more information, check out digitalradio.ie




Download FStream from the official APP store on your iPhone (Using the "Search" function is the easiest way to find it).

Go to Favourites and select edit.

Enter the following URLs (You don't need to fill in "Format" and "BitRate" but if you want to its "WMA and "48" kbps-


RTE GOLD

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/0102.wma

RTE 2XM

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/0304.wma

RTE DRN

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/0506.wma

RTE JUNIOR

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/0708.wma

RTE CHOICE

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/0910.wma

RTE PULSE

mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/1112.wma

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mark,

It would be great if you added RTE Ratio 1 DAB to the stations available here. This would allow me to enjoy radio one, at last, on my iphone. Any plans?

darren said...

radio 1 is here: mms://streaming.rte.ie/wmtencoder/1516.wma

the url is taken from the file thats listed here: http://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer_av.html

WCR said...

Sorry to ask - have you also a link for RTÉ Radio 1 Extra that can be put into the iPhone?

This is so we can get the LW sports output

irishguy said...

Hi there,

Is there a link for Lyric FM ?

Thanks
Ken

Unknown said...

Mark:

Thanks so much for this information, I googled it on the off chance that somehow I could get RTE on my Iphone. As an ex-Dub in Boston this is a new lifeline (apologiess to my fellow Clontarfer Joe Duffy). You've just knocked Mother Theresa to the #2 spot in my list of best humans!

Regards
Russ

Unknown said...

Hi Mark,


Can you add a link to RTE 2fm, so I can listen to Gerry Ryan etc ??

Unknown said...

Here is the link for 2FM, I am listening to it now on my Iphone

mms://live1.rte.ie/wmtencoder/1718.wma

darren said...

you can just get the rte r1 & 2fm apps from the app store:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/pressreleases/1321565.html